When you secure your home, you are not only protecting your belongings and valuables, it may save your own life as well. Here are several proven ways to secure your home from burglary:
– Having your doors secured is the most important measure you can do because statistics show that the majority of forced entries take place through the front or back doors. Sliding glass doors are especially vulnerable. Besides having doors made of hard wood, there are some other things you can do, such as using these door security devices and solutions.
– Another effective measure to prevent burglaries is installing an alarm system. There are huge selection of alarms available in the market. You can choose between motion or heat activated alarms. Try to hide your alarm system so when it is triggered, a burglar will not be able to find it and destroy it. Also try to find an alarm that, once activated, creates a very loud sound and sets off very bright lights.
– Security cameras are good for two reasons: first as a deterrent – intruders generally try to avoid properties that are covered with surveillance and second, if they do enter anyway, a surveillance system will record images of them, helping the police to capture the thieves.
– Dogs are very good for protecting homes. Their loud barking is a great deterrent against burglars. Once a thief notices a dog, he would hesitate to enter for fear that the dog will attack him or that the loud barking will attract the attention of people. But what to do if you don’t have or don’t want to have a dog? You can use this simple trick: put a sign that says BEWARE OF DOG in front of your house.
– There are many useful tips that you should implement while on vacation. You can find more about them here: 34 Home Security Tips And Tricks.
You are responsible for securing your home. In most countries around the world crime rates are increasing. One of the reasons for this is that less than 20% of homes have some type of security system.
According to the FBI, one out of every 6 homes every year is burglarized. The same statistics reveal that the average value of stolen goods is around $1700.
So make sure that you have all the necessary tools and information to make your house or apartment burglar-proof.
Click the link to see more door frame and hinge reinforcement.
See also: Best Home Security System 2017